Table of Contents
- Five facts about pharmaceutical painkillers
- Five facts about Cannabidiol (CBD) pain treatment
- CBD oil for pain management
- Strongest CBD oils for pain relief
- CBD the allround pain remedy
- Positive effects CBD has on other medical conditions
- Other medical conditions
- Other CBD products
Pain. A four-letter word that is all too familiar to us, because according to statistics, one in every four Americans suffers from pain lasting longer than 24 hours. Yet, the medication offered by the pharmaceutical industry is showing poor statistics of being able to deal with it. That is why we tested what the best CBD oil for pain is.
Five facts about pharmaceutical painkillers
- You can develop a tolerance to the pharmaceutical pain medication and over time your pain might actually get worse.
- Most pharmaceutical over-the-counter and prescription painkillers are addictive and patients show withdrawal symptoms when stopping after having used them for a long time.
- Besides addiction, there are often several other long-term consequences of taking regular pharmaceutical painkillers like damage to your metabolism (endocrine system) and disturbance of your hormones, reduction of sex drive (libido) and strength of your bones (osteoporosis).
- Although regular pharmaceutical painkillers can achieve instant relief for acute pain, for example after injuries, against chronic pain, however, research has found them to be completely ineffective.
- Pharmaceutical painkillers do not fix the root cause of pain, they merely mask or camouflage the symptoms.
Did you know that more people are affected by Pain than Cancer, Diabetes and Heart Diseases combined?
Five facts about Cannabidiol (CBD) pain treatment
- Research has shown that your body does not develop a tolerance against cannabidiol.
- CBD is not addictive and has been used for centuries as a measure for natural pain relief, besides that it is not psychoactive and doesn’t cause a ‘high’.
- Some of the long-term consequences (better called positive effects on your health) of taking CBD are:
- It balances your health and immune system, making you less vulnerable to many diseases
- It is anti-inflammatory which reduces your risk of infections, cancer, diabetes etc.
- It balances your nervous system, making you emotionally much stronger and it reduces or eliminates the risk of seizures in epilepsy patients, it greatly improves or completely cures autism, prevents anxiety, depression etc.
- Because your body does not develop tolerance and cannabidiol is not addictive, CBD is often used to relieve chronic pain and has shown great results with an ever-growing number of patients.
- Cannabidiol effects your perception of pain but at the same time, it mitigates any inflammation, possibly causing the pain.
Did you know that chronic pain is the most common cause of long-term disability?
CBD oil for pain management
So, how can it be that cannabidiol is so effective with pain management, you might say, whereas pharmaceutical medication is far from ideal. The difference can be found in the origin of both. Pharmaceuticals are chemically created substances which cause harm to the ailment they are intended to treat, but most of the time they cause just as much damage to other parts of our bodies.
Besides that, they target the symptoms of pain in a specific part of the body, and therefore usually work only for a specific pain, for example, headache. Whereas CBD reliefs almost all pains we might get and because pain is often caused by inflammation, due to the anti-inflammatory working of cannabidiol, it therefore also eliminates the root cause of pain.
Join our community for free!
Get and stay informed with the latest info on CBD / Cannabis usage, dosage, scientific research and patients success stories. Thanks to your feedback we can help other patients by showing what works best with certain conditions.
Furthermore, we compare CBD products so you can rest assured you get warned when there is a better price / value available.
CBD, however, is a natural product which supplements our bodies own substances, endocannabinoids (EC), responsible for balancing our health, immune and nervous systems. Cannabidiol, a phytocannabinoid is the substance found in nature that is basically the same as the EC that our body produces. Therefore, you can see, it is not strange in any way that CBD has such a wide variety of positive effects on our health and it is safe to use as well.
Strongest CBD oils for pain relief
- *Daily dosage: 20 mg
- $ / daily dosage*
- CBDPure 600
- US only
- Triniti CBD
- SOL CBD 3600
- US only
Our test is based on user testimonials, lab tests, purity, concentration, and price. For comparison reasons we have taken the best value package offered by each manufacturer, for example, 3 bottles, and have taken the current best value special offer.
Number One CBD oil for pain
CBDPure 600 is the highest concentration of the CBDPure products and therefore best value. Besides CBD it also contains other cannabinoids, like THC in a concentration of less than 0.3% which is the legal limit, but also CBN, which add to the therapeutic effects of CBD.
CBDPure 600 comes in 60 ml bottles, containing 600 mg cannabidiol (CBD). For its production organically grown hemp from Denmark is used. Lab tests have shown that it has excellent purity and they offer a 90-day money-back-guarantee.
Number Two CBD for chronic pain
Trinity CBD is based out of San Diego in the USA. They produce a quality CBD oil with a high concentration of 98%+. The Trinity products are made from certified GMO-free industrial hemp.
Each Trinity CBD bottle contains 500 mg cannabidiol. Lab tests make sure they maintain their high standards of purity and concentration, which ensures customers get high quality and effective products. They ship worldwide for small fees and free of charge to the US.
Number Three CBD painkiller
SOL CBD 3600 contains cannabidiol and no other cannabinoids like THC. It has a high CBD concentration and great purity. Due to its high bioavailability, it is absorbed by your body faster and therefore very effective.
Its highest concentrated product is SOL CBD 3600 which has 3600 mg of CBD in the 120 ml bottle. They use organically grown industrial hemp from Europe and they offer a 60-day money-back-guarantee.
We also tested the best CBD Oils for Anxiety.
CBD the allround pain remedy
Cannabidiol relief time
The time it takes the cannabidiol to take effect and you start feeling pain relief depends on the intake method. For pain relief, we recommend putting a couple of drops under your tongue.
This way it is absorbed by your body faster and you start feeling relief, depending on your metabolism, anywhere from 15 minutes to half an hour. When you swallow cannabidiol, dissolve it in water or mix it with food, the cannabidiol has to travel through your digestive system, which is a much longer route and it will, therefore, take a couple of hours before you feel the effects.
Cannabidiol pain relief dosing
To maintain your health, we recommend a daily dosage of 15-20 mg. This will most likely also be enough to avoid and/or mitigate any mild pains as back pain and headaches. When you have severe pain like a migraine or acute back pain, injury or any other severe pain, it is recommended to take a higher dosage, for example, 60 mg per day. When the pain is reduced or eliminated you can reduce your dosage to 15-20 mg per day.
Because CBD is a natural product and has no tolerance for addiction side-effects, it is basically impossible to overdose. This makes it possible for you to experiment, how much you need to relieve the pain. It is not uncommon that people take 150 or more mg per day to mitigate severe pain.
Cannabidiol safe for children
CBD is widely used to treat children and not only for pain but also for more serious diseases like autism, epilepsy, anxiety, and hyperactivity.
Cannabidiol also for pets
The central system in every human body that controls the health and healing system is the Endocannabinoid system (ECS). As you have read above this system produces the endocannabinoids (EC’s) which naturally can be substituted by CBD (cannabidiol). The nice thing is that also almost any animal, and for sure all our pets, have this ECS and CBD, therefore, works just as well on your pets as it does on you.
So, why have your pet suffer from pain if you can relieve its pain with a harmless natural remedy CBD dog tincture that doesn’t cause any addiction and your pet does not develop a tolerance to?
Positive effects CBD has on other medical conditions
From what you have read so far in this article, you understand that CBD is incredibly versatile when it comes to positive effects on our health and healing ailments. Because of the way it works and its natural origin this diverse working, actually makes perfect sense.
Besides pain, there are many other medical issues (ailments, diseases) on which cannabidiol has either a positive effect or has been reported to completely cure them. Because this alternative form of healing has been so underrated and even ridiculed in the past, the list we show below might be not complete. Since the last few years, cannabidiol has become more acceptable, more research is being done and we might see this list grow in the future as not every potential seems to have been discovered yet.
Other CBD products
In this article, we only discussed CBD oil but there are many other CBD products so everyone should be able to find what fits him/her best.