CBD oil experiences from users
You will feel healthy and both physically and mentally more stable is what we hear from users all over the world. Cannabidiol has a wide range of very positive effects on our health because it boosts our body’s health balance and healing system.
It actually makes more sense to discuss what you don’t feel after taking CBD then what you do feel. Scientific research has shown and patients have claimed that:
- If you are feeling pain, after taking CBD you won’t feel it anymore.
- If you are feeling down, after taking CBD you will feel emotionally strong and balanced.
- If you can’t sleep because you are overexcited, you will feel rested after a good nights sleep.
- If you feel nauseous, after taking CBD you will feel fine as usual
Cannabidiol oil dosing
In order to maintain your general health and at the same time get rid of minor headaches and other pains and improve your sleep, the recommended daily dosing is 15-20 mg per day. For severe cases, this can be raised to 50-60 mg per day.
It is however recommended when you are not used to CBD or cannabis products, to start with a lower dose (for example 1/4) and gradually increase. But because of the absence of psychoactive side effects like with THC you don’t need to be as meticulous with the CBD dosing roadmap compared to the THC oil dosage.
In severe cases, it is likewise recommended to gradually increase the dosage and once the symptoms have normalized, return to the recommended daily maintenance dosage of 15-20 mg.
Does CBD make you hungry?
Generally, CBD does not have any effect on the appetite of the average person. However, just like with mood regulation, CBD is known to work both ways.
In cases of appetite disturbances, like absence of appetite or low appetite, it balances out a healthy appetite. And on the other hand, it also has a positive effect on obsessive behavior, helping you to keep your appetite under control.
Does CBD make you sleepy?
CBD does not make you sleepy, drowsy or groggy. It doesn’t make you high or stoned, but it makes you feel good and causes you to sleep very well.
CBD is known for its effects on insomnia and is often taken with success in these cases. But even if you sleep seemingly normal already and you start to take CBD for other reasons, you will feel that the quality of your sleep will be improved.
CBD oil side effects
Although one could almost say that Cannabidiol has no side effects, this would not completely be true as there are potentially some minor side effects of CBD:
- Dry mouth
One of the most common side effects is a dry mouth and we recommend to always drink enough water, whether you are taking CBD or not. Because cannabidiol influences the saliva production you are likely to experience a dry mouth.
- Low blood pressure
Besides that, higher doses of CBD can and most likely will lower your blood pressure or more likely cause a small drop in blood pressure. In some cases, when your blood pressure is already on the low side, you might experience lightheadedness.
Therefore it is recommended if you are taking blood pressure medication, that you consult a medical doctor, preferably with cannabidiol experience, before taking CBD. Because the double dose of blood pressure lowering medication can cause your blood pressure to drop too low.
However, the drop in blood pressure due to cannabidiol is only temporary and usually only when someone is not used to it. In most cases, it is sufficient to drink a glass of water in order to neutralize your blood pressure.
- Eliminating effects of regular medication
CBD in some cases has an effect on the metabolizing of regular drugs by eliminating some of its effects. In case it eliminates the healing effects of the regular medication this is of course not desired, but when it eliminates negative side effects often accompanying regular medication this is, on the contrary, welcome.
It is therefore recommended to always consult with a medical doctor who has experience with cannabidiol, before combing your regular treatment with CBD.
Although normally the average person does not get a drowsy feeling after taking CBD, with high dosages and only in exceptional cases some people become a little drowsy.
It is worth mentioning that cannabidiol is not psychoactive at all. As already mentioned it does not cause a high or make you stoned, but besides that, it doesn’t affect your:
- Reaction time
- Sensory awareness
- and Consciousness
Differences between how THC and CBD make you feel
Although both THC and CBD are components of Cannabis and hemp, when using them they provide you completely different experiences/feelings. Both have substantial healing benefits but their difference lays in how you experience them.
- THC is usually derived from cannabis and CBD from industrial hemp. Although both cannabis and hemp contain both THC and CBD, the big difference lays in their concentrations. Cannabis has a high concentration of THC and a low concentration of CBD. Industrial hemp, which is specially cultivated this way, contains much CBD and very little THC.
- THC is the component in cannabis that makes you feel high, whereas CBD does not cause a high or get you stoned. This is probably the biggest difference.
- THC needs to be very carefully started and dosages need to be defined carefully because taking too much, too soon, although not harmful to your health, causes panic, anxiety and might even cause hyperventilation as a result. CBD, however, makes you feel calm, reduces and eliminates anxiety and has no strong side effects. Taking CBD you don’t need to be so meticulous with the dosage quantity because you most likely won’t feel any effects from a slight overdose.
- THC causes a strong appetite and can even cause the munchies, whereas CBD in most cases does not affect your appetite.
There are several ways to take CBD, some of them are based on CBD oil. Here we listed the consumption methods that we described in separate informative articles. By reading the pros and cons of each method, their preparation, and dosing you will be able to get a good overview and determine which method suits you best.